Get the ultimate roping experience, from entertainment to instruction. Roping.com has videos for team ropers, breakaway, and calf ropers. Get private access to World Champions Jake Barnes, Matt Sherwood, Clay Cooper, Lari Dee Guy, JJ Hampton, Caleb Smidt and more. And we're the exclusive home of Trevor Brazile and Miles Baker's Relentless Remuda, with the winningest cowboy in the world's full training system. Plus, don't miss the industry's richest events streaming only on Roping.com:
- Riata Buckle
- Lonestar Shootout
- Cinch Timed Event Championship
- Lonestar Shootout
- Ariat World Series of Team Roping Finale
- USTRC's Cinch National Finals of Team Roping
Sign Up Today and Get:
- New Weekly Step-By-Step Tutorials with Trevor Brazile, Patrick Smith, Miles Baker, Ryan Motes, Dakota Kirchenschlager and many more on horsemanship, roping fundamentals, expert-level fine-tuning and gear to help you win
- Private Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group
- Automatic access to livestream of some of the best and biggest ropings, plus archived footage after the event
- Full NFR practice sessions, futurity practice sessions and unedited training with the best in the game.
- Driven and Driven 2.0 with Patrick Smith (Value $45)
- Legend with Trevor Brazile and Patrick Smith (Value $60)
- The Perfect Spin with Clay Tryan (Value $45)
- Gold Buckle Secrets with Jake Barnes and Clay O'Brien Cooper (Value $50)
- Archived RodeoVideo footage like Mega Match, Mo'Betta Calf Ropings, retro Spicer Gripp Memorials and more!
Achieve a balanced and effective swing to improve your chances of making precise catches during breakaway roping runs. These videos offer insights into refining your swing for quick and efficient catches.
Explore the mechanics of loop delivery for breakaway roping, honing your ability to release the loop accurately and efficiently.
The delivery is just a continuation of your swing. This means that your body should be in an athletic position and you should deliver from the top of your swing. Lari Dee Guy shares these and other thoughts on the delivery.
Martha Angelone's first swing is one of her keys to wicked fast runs. She breaks down precisely how she brings her first swing up and sets herself up to deliver quickly, then how she launches her last swing to the target for high-percentage catches.
NFBR aggregate champion Cadee Williams explains how she controls her top and bottom strand when breakaway roping versus heading in the team roping. She also works through her measurements for spoke length, loop size and more to help create a balanced and snappy loop.
Cadee Williams has her own swinging style—a hybrid between traditional heading and breakaway loops. She explains what this looks like, how she turns her rope over and the key to delivering straight to your target.
Cadee Williams knows how to throw FAST. She shares her secrets to bringing her first swing up and covering the most area in order to achieve high-percentage catching shots right out of the box. She discusses her angles, arm position and more on the ground.
NFBR qualifier Cadee Williams discusses how she selects and sets up her breakaway rope. She also outlines her best practices for roping the dummy on the ground in order to set herself up for success in live runs. She discusses how minor changes in her roping have paid off in big ways in the arena.
There are four blades to the swing, just as there are blades on a propeller. The blades are the tip, and the motor in the middle is your arm, doing the same motions quickly, but the blades take longer to come around. You have to have speed and strength in your arm and shoulder, just like a motor,...
In the breakaway roping, the rope needs to pop off the saddle horn FAST. If we get caught riding too close to the calf, the time doesn't end as quickly. Over-riding a free horse is a common problem in breakaway roping, causing a roper to lose focus on their swing and using their rope. Staying ahe...
Kelsie Chace-Domer has a unique ability to keep her rope high leaving the corner. Lari Dee Guy and Chace-Domer discuss how that affects her catch percentages and how she uses her horse to help her get her swing up.
Breakaway ropers have to throw FAST, so how they start their rope in the box matters. Lari Dee Guy and Kelsie Chace-Domer talk about the different ways ladies start in the box and how they start their swings from the corner to get the most power and momentum.