Get the ultimate roping experience, from entertainment to instruction. Roping.com has videos for team ropers, breakaway, and calf ropers. Get private access to World Champions Jake Barnes, Matt Sherwood, Clay Cooper, Lari Dee Guy, JJ Hampton, Caleb Smidt and more. And we're the exclusive home of Trevor Brazile and Miles Baker's Relentless Remuda, with the winningest cowboy in the world's full training system. Plus, don't miss the industry's richest events streaming only on Roping.com:
- Riata Buckle
- Lonestar Shootout
- Cinch Timed Event Championship
- Lonestar Shootout
- Ariat World Series of Team Roping Finale
- USTRC's Cinch National Finals of Team Roping
Sign Up Today and Get:
- New Weekly Step-By-Step Tutorials with Trevor Brazile, Patrick Smith, Miles Baker, Ryan Motes, Dakota Kirchenschlager and many more on horsemanship, roping fundamentals, expert-level fine-tuning and gear to help you win
- Private Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group
- Automatic access to livestream of some of the best and biggest ropings, plus archived footage after the event
- Full NFR practice sessions, futurity practice sessions and unedited training with the best in the game.
- Driven and Driven 2.0 with Patrick Smith (Value $45)
- Legend with Trevor Brazile and Patrick Smith (Value $60)
- The Perfect Spin with Clay Tryan (Value $45)
- Gold Buckle Secrets with Jake Barnes and Clay O'Brien Cooper (Value $50)
- Archived RodeoVideo footage like Mega Match, Mo'Betta Calf Ropings, retro Spicer Gripp Memorials and more!
Caleb Smidt is the 2015, 2018 and 2021 World Champion tie-down roper, who has won every major title in the sport beyond the gold buckle, too. He's won the Calgary Stampede and The American (twice), and he's won two NFR average buckles, too. He's won the Horse of the Year title with his gelding Pockets, the same horse he's won every major award aboard. He's never missed an NFR qualification since his 2013 Rookie Year, the same year he won the Resistol Rookie of the Year title.
Caleb Smidt explains why he missed due to a dropped elbow. He pushed his rope, hit the calf on the right and the didn't get the figure eight over the back. Smidt goes over how NOT to let this happen and throw clean loops.
Caleb Smidt keeps a "simple is better" philosophy when it comes to roping, and encourages ropers to get comfortable with their rope in random positions. Experience is the best teacher, so Smidt wants ropers to get out there with a rope in their hand and make the process second nature.
2022 World Champion Caleb Smidt explains how he sets up his logging sessions for success, from where he is in the arena to how he sharpens his horses' cues. He shows how to get horses to commit to backing and gives his tips on getting a horse to relax at the end of the rope.
Caleb Smidt discusses his bits, keepers, strings, and why he doesn't like tight tie-downs on his horses. He gives the inside scoop on his library of jerk lines and the benefits of being able to play around with the jerk line on a horse. He also breaks down his reasoning on grass vs. poly ropes an...
Caleb Smidt explains how he's chosen his loop size and how it fits his style. He discusses the advantages and disadvantages of different sizes plus how to adjust the loop mid-run. Smidt likes the eye to stay near the top of the calf's neck throughout the run and explains how a larger loop can get...
2022 World Champion Caleb Smidt talks through how he positions a horse with his left hand in certain situations, and why the left hand is so important in setting a run up for success. He covers common mistakes that come with going on autopilot with the left hand and what ropers can do to stay in-...
2022 World Champion Caleb Smidt goes over his two-step process how to best pull slack, making things efficient and clean. He explains how a bigger loop can get both horse and rider in a wreck with too much slack to pull efficiently.