Get the ultimate roping experience, from entertainment to instruction. Roping.com has videos for team ropers, breakaway, and calf ropers. Get private access to World Champions Jake Barnes, Matt Sherwood, Clay Cooper, Lari Dee Guy, JJ Hampton, Caleb Smidt and more. And we're the exclusive home of Trevor Brazile and Miles Baker's Relentless Remuda, with the winningest cowboy in the world's full training system. Plus, don't miss the industry's richest events streaming only on Roping.com:
- Riata Buckle
- Lonestar Shootout
- Cinch Timed Event Championship
- Lonestar Shootout
- Ariat World Series of Team Roping Finale
- USTRC's Cinch National Finals of Team Roping
Sign Up Today and Get:
- New Weekly Step-By-Step Tutorials with Trevor Brazile, Patrick Smith, Miles Baker, Ryan Motes, Dakota Kirchenschlager and many more on horsemanship, roping fundamentals, expert-level fine-tuning and gear to help you win
- Private Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group
- Automatic access to livestream of some of the best and biggest ropings, plus archived footage after the event
- Full NFR practice sessions, futurity practice sessions and unedited training with the best in the game.
- Driven and Driven 2.0 with Patrick Smith (Value $45)
- Legend with Trevor Brazile and Patrick Smith (Value $60)
- The Perfect Spin with Clay Tryan (Value $45)
- Gold Buckle Secrets with Jake Barnes and Clay O'Brien Cooper (Value $50)
- Archived RodeoVideo footage like Mega Match, Mo'Betta Calf Ropings, retro Spicer Gripp Memorials and more!
Dive deep into the fundamentals of heeling in team roping with our instructional video collection, led by a lineup of coaches including Clay O'Brien Cooper, Rickey Green, Miles Baker, Joseph Harrison, Dakota Kirchenschlager and more. Our video library is organized into distinct subcategories, each designed to enhance your heeling skills:
Fundamentals: Build a strong foundation in heeling with comprehensive lessons on the core principles and techniques essential for success in team roping.
Dummy Work: Practice your heeling technique with purpose and precision using dummy work exercises that help you refine your accuracy and consistency.
Box Work & Scoring: Heel horses don’t get as much focused instruction in the box as head horses, but the way they stand and leave is still important for good position and timing down the arena.
Swing: Learn the nuances of achieving a balanced and effective swing, optimizing your chances of making precise catches during roping runs.
Delivery: Explore the mechanics of delivering your loop accurately and efficiently, enhancing your ability to rope the steer's hind legs consistently.
Dallying: Discover the intricacies of dallying, including proper technique and timing, to secure your catch and keep your fingers.
Stopping: Gain insights into stopping your horse effectively, maintaining control, and setting up the ideal shot for successful heeling.
Corner Work: Control your horse through the corner with proper position and spacing, ensuring you're in the right spot to execute flawless heel shots in various arena scenarios.
Position and Timing: Fine-tune your positioning and timing skills, crucial for achieving a higher catch percentage, better horsemanship and a more controlled run.
Our video collection offers a comprehensive and detailed exploration of these critical heeling subcategories, with guidance from world-class coaches who share their decades of experience and championship-winning strategies. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned heeler, our instructional videos will help you refine your skills, gain confidence, and excel in the exciting world of team roping. Start learning from the best today to elevate your heeling game to new heights.
Two-time World Champion Patrick Smith spends a day fine-tuning a teenage 3 heeler, working on ground-fundamentals, position, timing, delivery and more. Smith addresses the often-overlooked horsemanship aspects of heeling, too, in order to get to the root of any issues.
Keeping your tip down over the steer's back is critical for catching two feet. In this quick tip, Patrick Smith works with a student to emphasize sticking to fundamentals throughout the learning process.
The difference between the tension on the left and right rein can affect the way a heel horse works through the corner. Seven-time World Champion Clay O'Brien Cooper talks about how he balances the feel in the bridle reins on each horse